The Balita Pinoy website (the “Website”) is owned and managed by Balita Pinoy. By using the Website you do not gain rights to any of its content. Which means you may not use or copy any aspects of the Website without asking us.
We are not responsible for 3rd party websites or their their content.
While we do try to keep the website maintained and available for use at all times, we will not be responsible for downtime due to electrical outages, maintenance or other such interferences beyond our control.
You agree not to intentionally damage the website or its content in any way.
Is not intended and is prohibited where such access or use violates applicable laws and/or regulations.
You also agree not to use the website to distribute computer viruses or other malicious code or to attempt any unauthorised access to any not to cause the whole or part of the website to be interrupted, damaged, rendered less efficient or to impair the effectiveness or functionality of the website in any way; and not to access, without authority, or interfere with, any part of our Website or any software used in the provision of our Website.
3. Intellectual Property
You may print off one copy, and may download extracts, of any page(s) from this website for your own personal, non-commercial use only, provided you keep intact all and any copyright and proprietary notices. Any other use of the elements is not allowed, unless we have provided you with our prior written permission.
1. Photos and articles remain the property of The Moscow Times. They may not be syndicated, rented, loaned or sold by any other party without the written consent of The Moscow Times.
2. Articles may not be modified, altered or changed in any way which alters the meaning, tone or general context of the articles, or which renders the article libelous or in any way in violation of the rights of any third party or applicable law, regulation or rule.
3. Photographs may not be altered, modified or changed in any way which alters the identification, meaning or general context of the photograph or any subject therein.
4. In the event that a customer makes alterations, changes or deletions to purchased Moscow Times material which alter the meaning or tone of the material, render it libelous or injurious to any third party, or infringe on the copyright, trademark, trade name, or literary or artistic or other property or any other rights of any person, firm or corporation, the customer shall indemnify and save harmless The Moscow Times to the extent of any and all expense and liability, including attorneys fees incurred in such connection.
5. The Moscow Times does not confer upon any customer any right whatsoever to the use of the name or likeness of any individual portrayed in photographs. To the extent that permission is required from any individual depicted in photographs to exploit his or her name, photograph and likeness, you acknowledge that the responsibility for obtaining such permission resides with you and not The Moscow Times.
6. All republished materials must credit the author and/or photographer and clearly acknowledge that the material was first published in The Moscow Times.
The Moscow Times - Reprinting Information
The Moscow Times holds the full copyright for all articles and photographs by our staff, and also for a large number of contributed pieces. Our consent is required in order to republish any Moscow Times work.
You may freely link to our articles and include up to two paragraphs of the article as a "teaser." Please include a reference to the name of the author and The Moscow Times.
However, you may not copy the entire text of an article onto another site without first obtaining our permission. Permission is normally granted for free to charities. Publishing in print
Again, you will have to obtain our permission to republish our material in a newsletter, magazine, newspaper or other printed media. The cost will depend on the type of publication and its circulation. Permission is normally granted for free to charities.
Please note that when articles or photographs are credited to a source other than The Moscow Times (such as the Associated Press, Reuters, etc.), then it is likely that the credited source holds the rights to the material, and you should contact them directly.
The Moscow Times - Obtaining Past Issues
Unfortunately, at this time, we do not offer the possibility of obtaining past paper copies of the paper.
However, you might want to have a look at our PDF Edition, which enables you to print out any past issue since 2001 (but you will have to do the printing yourself).
The Moscow Times - Reprints: Frequently Asked Questions
Q: How do I request permission to use a Moscow Times article or photograph? A: The easiest way is to submit your request with our online request form. Click here for the request form.
Q: Can you sell me a paper copy of a past issue of The Moscow Times? A: Unfortunately, no. We cannot re-print old issues on demand. However, you might want to subscribe to our PDF Edition, which enables you to print out an exact copy of the newspaper.
Q: What type of payment does The Moscow Times accept? A: Payments may be made by bank transfer, or credit card. We accept Visa, Mastercard, American Express and Diners Club.
Q: How do I find a specific article that I am looking for? A: Try using our search engine. If you can't find what you are looking for, give as much detail as possible in our online request form, and we will try to locate the article for you.
Q. What if I don't know the date or details of a photo? A: Unfortunately we do not presently have an online search facility for our large archive of photographs. Please provide as much information as possible in the online request form and we will do our best to find the photo requested.
Q: Is it possible to publish a Moscow Times article on my web site, intranet or other computer network? A: Yes, it is possible to use Moscow Times articles in electronic formats, although you are still required to obtain permission. [Go to request form]
Q: May I link to Moscow Times articles? A: It is not necessary to obtain any permission to link to any of our content. You may even include up to two paragraphs of the article's text as a "teaser." Please mention the name of the author and of the publication (The Moscow Times).
Q: May I use headlines and summaries of Moscow Times articles? A: You are permitted to create your own summaries and to use Moscow Times headlines with links back to the articles located on TheMoscowTimes.com.
Q: I am an educator and want to use Moscow Times content for material related to teaching. Do I need to obtain permission? A: It is necessary to obtain permission for all uses of Moscow Times material. In most cases, permission to use Moscow Times for educational use will be granted free of charge. [Go to request form]
Q: If I am granted permission to publish Moscow Times material in print form, does this mean I can publish it online as well? A: Yes. If you have acquired the rights to publish Moscow Times material in print form, you are also entitled to publish this material in the online edition of your publication. [Go to request form]
Q: May I use portions of Moscow Times articles, such as quotes or excerpts? A: It is permissible to make direct quotes from Moscow Times articles. The context, number, and length of the quotes will determine whether permission is or is not required. It is never acceptable to selectively quote from articles in a manner that changes their meaning, to take quotes out of context or to combine quotes to create a sentence. It may also be considered infringement if a large percentage of the publication is comprised of quotes from Moscow Times articles. It is always best to submit your request for clearance.
Any rights not expressly granted herein are reserved.
4. Hyperlink Disclaimer
This website may contain links and/or advertisements to other websites maintained by us in addition to links to websites maintained by unrelated companies and persons (“third party website”). An advertisement of, or link to, a third party website does not mean that we approve, endorse or accept any responsibility for that third party website, its content or use, or the use of products and services made available through such third party website. We are not responsible for the actions, content, accuracy, opinions expressed, privacy policies, products or services provided through these links or made available through these resources or appearing in such third party websites, nor for any damages or losses, directly or indirectly, caused or alleged to have been caused as a result of your use or reliance on such third party websites. Such third party websites are not investigated, monitored or checked for accuracy, completeness or conformance with applicable laws and regulations by us. We do not make any representations whatsoever, or give any warranties of any kind, expressed, implied, or otherwise about any websites which you may access through this Website, the content thereof, or the products and/or services made available through such websites. If you decide to leave our Website and access these other websites, you do so at your own risk. Please ensure that you familiarise yourself with all rules, policies (including privacy policies) and operating procedures of such websites which may apply to you when accessing such websites.
5. Links from other websites You may link to this Website, but solely in accordance with the terms of our Terms of Business. Notwithstanding authorisation to link to our Website, linking to any page other than our Website’s home page is prohibited. Persons providing access to this Website via link from another website are solely responsible for the content, accuracy, opinions expressed, privacy policies, products or services of, or available through, the source website and for any representations made or impressions created concerning Balita Pinoy. Authorisation by us to link to this website is given without assumption of any liability by us relating to such links, and we hereby disclaim any such liability. We reserve the right to withdraw any authorisation to link to this website at any time and for any reason.
9. Modification and discontinuation We reserve the right at any time and from time to time, without notice and in our sole discretion, to modify, edit, delete, suspend or discontinue, temporarily or permanently this Website (or any portion thereof) and/or the information, materials, products and/or services available through this Website (or any part thereof) and/or to terminate your account and/or to block your use of the Website . You agree that we shall not be liable to you or to any third party for any such modification, editing, deletion, suspension, discontinuance or termination of this Website.
13. Access to the Site and damage to its integrity You expressly agree not to use any software or manual procedure to copy Balita Pinoy pages or images or to record or collect any information disclosed on these pages without our prior written consent. You expressly agree not to use any sort of device or software in order to disturb the good operation of the website. You expressly agree not to act in a way which would disproportionately overload its infrastructure. You agree not to use the Website to distribute computer viruses or other malicious code or to attempt any unauthorised access to any part or component of the Website, not to cause the whole or part of the Website to be interrupted, damaged, rendered less efficient or to impair the effectiveness or functionality of the Website in any way, and not to access, without authority, or interfere with, any part of our Website or any software used in the provision of our Website.
15. Notification of Copyright Infringement Balita Pinoy may terminate the accounts of users who infringe the intellectual property rights of others. If you believe that your work has been used or copied in a way that constitutes copyright infringement and such infringement is occurring on the Website, send Balita Pinoy a notice containing: (i) a physical or electronic signature of the copyright owner or person authorized to act on behalf of the copyright owner; (ii) a description of the copyrighted work or works that you claim have been infringed and identification of what material in such work(s) is claimed to be infringing; (iii) a description of where the material that you claim is infringing is located on the Site; (iv) information sufficient to permit Demotix to contact you, such as your physical address, phone number, and email address; (v) a statement that you have a good faith belief that the use of the material you identified is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law; and (vi) a statement by you that the information in your notice is accurate and, under penalty of perjury, that you are the copyright owner or authorized to act on the copyright owner’s behalf. Balita Pinoy’s contact for notice of claims of copyright infringement can be reached as follows: firstname.lastname@example.org or NUMBER.